Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Thomas, Stuart" <ST...@littler.com> on 2015/09/12 19:37:31 UTC

TC Connector IIS .41 build not running on windows 2012

I did a build from source using MS Blend for VS.  I copied x86 settings to x64 and my .41 build runs like a charm on Win7 64bit IIS 7.5 - but does not run on windows 2012 IIS 8.5.  Is there anything I should be doing differently to build for IIS 8.5?

If the answer is to use Visual C++ Ver.6.0 and MSDEV to build - can someone point me in the right direction to get this onto my system?  My attempts to do this led me to MS Blend for VS!  New to this environment, so apologies!

-sT

--------------------------
This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).
Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete
all copies of this message.

Littler Mendelson, P.C. is part of the international legal practice Littler Global, which operates worldwide
through a number of separate legal entities. Please visit www.littler.com for more information.

RE: TC Connector IIS .41 build not running on windows 2012

Posted by "Thomas, Stuart" <ST...@littler.com>.
You bet.

I found the answer when looking at the mod_jk build for 1.2.41 by Steffen:
https://www.apachelounge.com/download/
The Zip contains a file: "-- Build with VC14 x64 --" | he mentions here that the VC++ redistributable is necessary

Visual Studio isn't mentioned on the site as a build tool.  I would say It would definitely help if this could be included on the site or in the README for those using Visual Studio:  \tomcat-connectors-1.2.41-src\native\iis\README

I also discovered this post that gives more details about this and why the redis is necessary when using Visual Studio:
https://www.mail-archive.com/users@tomcat.apache.org/msg119020.html

 -sT

Posted by "André Warnier (tomcat)" <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Posted by "Thomas, Stuart" <ST...@littler.com>.