Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by eugenebalt <eu...@yahoo.com> on 2013/08/21 18:34:25 UTC

getInput() does not work on a disabled DropDownChoice

I just wanted to verify that getInput() doesn't work on a pre-disabled,
pre-populated DropDownChoice. getInput() only seems to work on enabled
dropdowns.

However, in my tests, getValue() works equally on both enabled/disabled
dropdowns. Is that true, or is there some other distinction?

Re: getInput() does not work on a disabled DropDownChoice

Posted by eugenebalt <eu...@yahoo.com>.
thanks

Re: getInput() does not work on a disabled DropDownChoice

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi,

FormComponent#getInput() works only for the current submit, and disabled
components have no value in the request.

#getValue() is used for rendering and uses the model value *or* the last
submitted value if the last submit was not valid.

Hope this helps
Sven