Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Chris Withers <ch...@simplistix.co.uk> on 2008/12/05 15:30:28 UTC

Re: Problems with adds since upgrading to 1.5

http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/B/brown-paper-bag-bug.html

> current 'best' release." [2] Software sometimes has bugs, and you appear
> to have run into one. So someone will have to resolve it or find a
> workaround. I don't know if a ticket got created for it yet.

Well, the svn docs for raising issues are pretty draconian. Am I safe to
raise one for this now without someone attempting to cut my head off?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk

Re: Problems with adds since upgrading to 1.5

Posted by Chris Withers <ch...@simplistix.co.uk>.
Dave Lawrence wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote:
>> Dave Lawrence wrote:
>>> That link's broken thanks to the new Tigris but this is the " 'file
>>> already exists' when it obviously doesn't" bug yes?
>>> There is an issue for this somewhere, and I've even quoted it in another
>>> thread but I can't find that right now.
>> Yep, that sounds like it. Any joy on finding the issue?
>>
> If you mean any joy on finding the issue number the answer is 3119.

Yup, that's the one.

Shame no fix has been committed yet :-(

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk

Re: Problems with adds since upgrading to 1.5

Posted by Dave Lawrence <dl...@ad-holdings.co.uk>.

Posted by Chris Withers <ch...@simplistix.co.uk>.
Dave Lawrence wrote:
> That link's broken thanks to the new Tigris but this is the " 'file
> already exists' when it obviously doesn't" bug yes?
> There is an issue for this somewhere, and I've even quoted it in another
> thread but I can't find that right now.

Yep, that sounds like it. Any joy on finding the issue?

> I was going to have a look myself, infact I still am, but I've not had
> chance yet.  In the meantime there is a workaround, try adding
>
> [misc]
> http-library=serf

Of course, now that I have time to reproduce this, I can't, even though
I haven't upgraded either the Tortoise or SVN client versions on the
machine I was testing with...

Ho hum... :-(

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk

Re: Problems with adds since upgrading to 1.5

Posted by Dave Lawrence <dl...@ad-holdings.co.uk>.
Chris Withers wrote:

That link's broken thanks to the new Tigris but this is the " 'file
already exists' when it obviously doesn't" bug yes?
There is an issue for this somewhere, and I've even quoted it in another
thread but I can't find that right now.

I was going to have a look myself, infact I still am, but I've not had
chance yet.  In the meantime there is a workaround, try adding

[misc]
http-library=serf

to your config file.