Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Erik Norgaard <no...@locolomo.org> on 2006/09/19 13:40:40 UTC

Axis client, getting started guide

Hi:

I have a project creating a SOAP client with Axis using the different
levels of abstraction I found in the user's guide: RPC, Document,
Wrapped and Message.

Unfortunately I find the documentation difficult to decipher, and
further the code example for message services gives a python error.

- Are there any examples with working code that exploits Axis for the
client side?

- How do I set the SOAP action? I can use setUseSOAPAction aparently to
decide whether or not to use it, but how do I set the value?

- What is the difference between getCurrentMessage and getMessage? if
multiple messages exists, how do I select which is current? which one
will getMessage return? If I use setMessage, how do I at a later point
make it current?

- What is the soapActionURI? Action? URI?

I would appreciate links to other sources of documentation with more
elaborate examples.

Thanks, Erik

--
Ph: +34.666334818                      web: http://www.locolomo.org
X.509 Certificate: http://www.locolomo.org/crt/8D03551FFCE04F0C.crt

Re: Axis client, getting started guide

Posted by Saliya Ekanayake <es...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erik,

I think the following link will help you in writing a working client for
Axis2. But for the rest of the questions I won't be able to answer because
I'm kind of new with Axis2.

http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2006/06/22/axis-2-generated-client-code.html

You have to build and deploy the service from the given *
currencyConvert.wsdl*<http://today.java.net/today/2006/06/22/currencyConvert.wsdl>before
testing the client.

regards,
Saliya Ekanayake