Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Geoffrey <jc...@hotmail.com> on 2004/05/31 17:55:45 UTC

Generating a dist/site of multiproject

Hi all,

I have the following J2SE multiproject and I wondering if its following best
practices.
I don't understand which should generate the dist and site

sgn, the parent (no dependencies) (is there any way to mark this as a parent
of subprojects?)
- sgn-specs (no dependencies)
- game-x (dependent on specs)
- game-y (dependent on specs)
- sgn-impl (dependent on specs (in classpath), game-x (not in classpath) and
game-y(not in classpath)) with main-class

My main questions are:
1) Which project.xml should generate the site?
Currently my xdocs are in sgn and I use multiproject:site.

2) Which projext.xml should generate the dist? sgn or sgn-impl?
The dependencies need to be copied inside the distribution.
Currently I am copying the subprojects with maven.xml.
Does calling sgn:build in sgn also compile and install the jars of the
subprojects?

I also have the following question:
3) sgn-impl isn't really dependent of game-x and game-y.
It uses them through reflection from a subdirectory.
So should I make it dependent of the game-x and game-y?
And can I tell maven to copy those in the distribution, in the game
directory?

Thanks for any and all help,
Geoffrey