Posted to user@wink.apache.org by "Raz, Ido" <id...@hp.com> on 2012/11/20 12:59:27 UTC

Wink Warnings on server startup

Hi,

Recently I have added a security check to my REST resources using AspectJ.
Ever since, I am getting the following warning on system startup:
Annotate @javax.ws.rs.Path on the root resource class directly to ensure portability between environments.
The reason I get this warning is that AspectJ proxies all the "Aspected" objects, so wink warns since the annotations are on the original classes and not the proxied ones.

Is there a way to avoid these warnings? If not, is there a way to suppress them?

Thanks,

Ido

Re: Wink Warnings on server startup

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 20, 2012, at 6:59 AM, Raz, Ido wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Recently I have added a security check to my REST resources using AspectJ.
> Ever since, I am getting the following warning on system startup:
> Annotate @javax.ws.rs.Path on the root resource class directly to ensure portability between environments.
> The reason I get this warning is that AspectJ proxies all the “Aspected” objects, so wink warns since the annotations are on the original classes and not the proxied ones.
>
> Is there a way to avoid these warnings? If not, is there a way to suppress them?

I seem to recall a way of getting proxies to reflect their annotations, but not something I've done… That would be your best option.

The warning is generated by org.apache.wink.common.internal.registry.metadata.ResourceMetadataCollector -- inhibiting warning messages for this class in your logger configuration would suppress the warnings. There are other warning messages produced by ResourceMetadataCollector. So, you'll potentially miss warning messages that you may be interested in...

--kevan