Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@apache.org> on 2005/02/25 03:03:16 UTC

CLA differences

Hi,

I am curious about the absence of "Grant of Patent License" from the Corporate
CLA, and in fact the wording includes; "Except...., You reserve all right,
title and interest in and to your Contribution."
(And the "Software Grant" contains "Patent License", but avoids the
reciprocity wording that exist in the ICLA.)

When is the Corporate CLA in effect? And is there any list of CCLA's signed
available?

Cheers
Niclas

Re: CLA differences

Posted by Jeffrey Thompson <jt...@us.ibm.com>.
Niclas Hedhman <ni...@apache.org> wrote on 02/24/2005 09:03:16 PM:

> Hi,
>
> I am curious about the absence of "Grant of Patent License" from
theCorporate
> CLA, and in fact the wording includes; "Except...., You reserve all
right,
> title and interest in and to your Contribution."
> (And the "Software Grant" contains "Patent License", but avoids the
> reciprocity wording that exist in the ICLA.)
>
> When is the Corporate CLA in effect? And is there any list of CCLA's
signed
> available?

Is the CCLA on the Apache website the most current one?  I had understood
that Apache had updated it at about the same time they updated the
Individual CLA, but the one that's there looks like the old one.

> Cheers
> Niclas

Jeff

Staff Counsel, IBM Corporation  (914)766-1757  (tie)8-826  (fax) -8160
(web) http://www.beff.net/