Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Sven Pfeiffer <sv...@innoface.de> on 2005/02/11 10:37:01 UTC

(at) symbol in username problem

Hi

I would like to add users to slide which names contains @ [at] symbol.

when creating the user, there is no problem.

but when I try to add the user to a group the @ is encoded in %40. And whenever I add another user to the group the % will be
encoded as %25 so i get usernames like %2525252525252525252525252540admin, which should be @admin.

The question is why is this happening, I don't think it is a problem of encoding, so that changing to unicode or utf-8 or something
will help.

I hoped that setting the group-member-set as <!CDATA[...]]> might help, but this didn't work either.

I could replace the %40 in the String before doing the propPatch, but then still in the xml it will be escaped.

And I guess slide will make a difference between user @admin and user &40admin, so all group acls won't work.

I am using slide, build from cvs-head about 3 weeks ago, inside jboss3.2.3/tomcat4.1

Thanks in advance

SVen

Re: (at) symbol in username problem

Posted by Michael Smith <ms...@speedlegal.com>.
Sven Pfeiffer wrote:
> okay, sorry, it was just a problem of namespace.
>
> i changed the namespace to "DAV:" and it worked fine ;)
>
> but another strange thing happened:
>
> group-member-set (among others) is not displayed, neither in DAVExplorer, nor in the eclipse webdav navigator.
>
> is this, because these properties protected attribute is set to "true"?

Some properties (mostly ones introduced in the DeltaV and ACL specs) are
considered "expensive" to compute, so they're not returned (this is
permitted by the spec) in an <allprop> request. The clients you're using
are presumably just listing the properties returned by such a request.

If your client allows you to request a specific property (in a specific
namespace), you can do that to get {DAV:}:group-member-set. If not,
you'll need to use a different client to do so. I use cadaver (if you
have trouble with that, see my mail to the list on this topic a few days
ago).

Mike

Oracle store fails for any but small files - dies on Outputstream.flush()

Posted by Nick Longinow <ni...@vanhooseassociates.com>.
Hi

I am getting an error when using putMethod to slide using webdav client, on
any but very small files.  I have never noticed this before, its been
just fine up until just this past week. I found that someone else had this
problem in an old archive posting; any ideas why its occurring ?  The
writing to the stream works fine, its just the flushing of it at the end
just before it closes the stream.

The code in OracleRDBMSAdapter.java is:
    try {
         byte buffer[] = new byte[4096];
         do {
              int nChar = is.read(buffer);
              if (nChar == -1) {
                 break;
              }
  	        os.write(buffer, 0, nChar);
	   } while (true);
    } finally {
	os.flush();    // <<<---  this fails
	os.close();
 }

--------------------------------cut here------------------------------------
java.io.IOException: ORA-00060: deadlock detected while waiting for resource
oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.SQLToIOException(DatabaseError.java:557)
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleBlobOutputStream.flushBuffer(OracleBlobOutputStream
.java:216)
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleBlobOutputStream.flush(OracleBlobOutputStream.java:
org.apache.slide.store.impl.rdbms.OracleRDBMSAdapter.storeContent(OracleRDBM
SAdapter.java:164)

Nick

RE: (at) symbol in username problem

Posted by Sven Pfeiffer <sv...@innoface.de>.