Posted to user@drill.apache.org by David Kincaid <ki...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/01 16:54:01 UTC

Re: AWS EMR bootstrap script to install and configure Drill

Thanks, Paul. This does look like a good place to start. Unfortunately, it
fails right off the bat due to the emr/common library not being available.
Not being a Ruby guy, I'm not sure where to go from here. Is there some
package that I can easily install to get that library?

- Dave

Here's the error for reference:
/usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/2.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in
`require': cannot load such file -- emr/common (LoadError)
from
/usr/share/ruby/vendor_ruby/2.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in
`require'
from ./setup-drill:39:in `<main>'

Posted by David Kincaid <ki...@gmail.com>.
Yes, very well could be. A lot of big changes with version 4. I'll see if I
can figure out where that library may have gone. They have added Zookeeper
as a supported application that EMR can install at startup, so at least we
should be able to eliminate the Zookeeper install from the bootstrap script.

Posted by Paul Mogren <PM...@commercehub.com>.

Posted by David Kincaid <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Mogren <PM...@commercehub.com>.