Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2017/02/01 09:14:28 UTC

Re: OW project page, edit access

Hi Matt,

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 10:28 PM, Matt Rutkowski <mr...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> ..."Without this bookmarklet installed you will not be able to browse the
> live site and instantly edit pages in the CMS...

The Apache CMS is somewhat deprecated - it still works but the ASF
infra team is aiming to phase it out eventually, or (IIUC) let projets
which still use it maintain it themselves. So I don't know if the
bookmarklet works.

For now what works for me is the following

-Checkout the site content from svn, for the incubator website that's
"svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/"

-Edit content manually in there, in this case ./content/projects/openwhisk.xml

-Check that the xml is not broken and commit your changes (which
probably requires Incubator PMC membership, I suppose OpenWhisk PPMC
membership is not sufficient)

-Go to https://cms.apache.org/incubator/ and use just the "View
incubator-site-staging Builds" and "Publish incubator site" links to
check that the site build works and eventually publish it, using diffs
to check your changes before publising

-Use incubator.staging.apache.org/ to preview content once it's built
and before publishing

That's not really 2016..but works.

As mentioned I suppose it's only Incubator PMC members who can update
the site, so best might be for you to submit a diff of the xml file
that one of us can publish.

I suggest (but I'll let your mentors decide) moving as much info as
possible from http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openwhisk.html to
the Apache OpenWhisk website, and just point from the former to the
latter, to make changes easier.

-Bertrand