Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Casartello, Thomas" <tc...@wsc.ma.edu> on 2009/04/23 14:31:03 UTC

URIDNSBL

Hello.

I am using the 3.0 line of SpamAssassin and it's being invoked through
amavisd-maia (Maia Mailguard.) I have a certain domain name that's blocked
in several of the URIDNSBL lists as "fm.interia.pl" however my DNSBL checks
are only doing interia.pl . My OS is Fedora 10 and SA is installed through
RPM. Is this something I can fix through configuration?

Thomas E. Casartello, Jr.

Staff Assistant - Wireless Technician/Linux Administrator

Information Technology

Wilson 105A

Westfield State College

(413) 572-8245

Red Hat Certified Technician (RHCT)

Re: URIDNSBL

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Matt Kettler wrote:
> Casartello, Thomas wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> I am using the 3.0 line of SpamAssassin and it’s being invoked through
>> amavisd-maia (Maia Mailguard.) I have a certain domain name that’s
>> blocked in several of the URIDNSBL lists as “fm.interia.pl” however my
>> DNSBL checks are only doing interia.pl . My OS is Fedora 10 and SA is
>> installed through RPM. Is this something I can fix through configuration?
>>

> No.
>
> In general, SA tries only to send the first domain part after a
> registrar boundary, this prevents spammers from avoiding the URIBLs (or
> flooding them) by using a large number of constantly changing hostnames.
>
> There is a hard-coded list of domains in RegistrarBoundaries.pm which
> dictates which sites which are considered a "two level domain" and thus
> get a 3rd level added to the lookup (TWO_LEVEL_DOMAINS).
>
> That said, you *really* should consider upgrading. 3.2.x has some
> improvements in this area, i.e.: expanded list of domains, although I
> don't think it would fix your specific problem. Besides, how old is the
> version you're running? 3.0.x doesn't even really support sa-update if
> memory serves me right. (and even if it does, there have been no updates
> pushed to that branch in years)

Self correction, as per Alex (aka Yet Annother Ninja): 3.2.x supports
the  util_rb_2tld config option, which will allow you to do this. For
some reason I couldn't find it in the docs, but I was looking at the
URIBL plugin docs :)

Re: URIDNSBL

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.

Re: URIDNSBL

Posted by Helmut Schneider <ju...@gmx.de>.
> I am using the 3.0 line of SpamAssassin and it's being invoked through
> amavisd-maia
> (Maia Mailguard.) I have a certain domain name that's blocked in several
> of the
> URIDNSBL lists as "fm.interia.pl" however my DNSBL checks are only doing
> interia.pl

Just as I'm curious, what does SA score that mail?

 tests=[BAYES_99=6.5, DOS_OE_TO_MX=2.75, FH_HELO_EQ_D_D_D_D=0.001,
 FM_SEX_HELODDDD=1.851, HELO_DYNAMIC_HCC=4.295,
 HELO_DYNAMIC_IPADDR2=4.395, LOGINHASH=4.5, LOGINHASH2=2.5,
 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET=1.96, RCVD_IN_PBL=0.905,
 RCVD_IN_SORBS_WEB=0.619, RCVD_IN_XBL=3.033, RDNS_DYNAMIC=0.1,
 STOX_REPLY_TYPE=0.001, TVD_RCVD_IP=1.931] autolearn=spam

Using amavisd-new 2.6.2 and SA 3.2.5.

RE: URIDNSBL

On 4/23/2009 2:57 PM, McDonald, Dan wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 14:40 +0200, Yet Another Ninja wrote:
>> On 4/23/2009 2:31 PM, Casartello, Thomas wrote:
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> I am using the 3.0 line of SpamAssassin and it's being invoked through
>>> amavisd-maia (Maia Mailguard.) I have a certain domain name that's
blocked
>>> in several of the URIDNSBL lists as "fm.interia.pl" however my DNSBL
checks
>>> are only doing interia.pl . My OS is Fedora 10 and SA is installed
through
>>> RPM. Is this something I can fix through configuration?
>>>
>> get http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules/90_2tld.cf
>
> Does that work in 3.0.x?  I thought that was a 3.2.4 addition.

sorry... bypassed the 3.0 when reading - you're right

not supported.

Fedora 10 doesn't offer anything newer?

:-(

Re: URIDNSBL

Posted by Yet Another Ninja <sa...@alexb.ch>.

Re: URIDNSBL

Posted by "McDonald, Dan" <Da...@austinenergy.com>.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495, CISSP #78281, CNX
Austin Energy

RE: URIDNSBL

Re: URIDNSBL

Posted by Yet Another Ninja <sa...@alexb.ch>.