Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Tim Schultheiss <ts...@dynamicquest.com> on 2013/03/11 21:05:22 UTC

Feature request: SAS support

Hello all,

I would like to request adding Server Attached SCSI support to Cloudstack.

The use of direct-attached storage would be beneficial for the adoption of
Cloudstack- SAS devices need less infrastructure to implement (no network
devices needed, unlike iSCSI or FibreChannel), and therefore allow for
low-cost deployments. This could make Cloudstack more attractive to small
and medium businesses with tight IT budgets, and those who are unable to
dedicate the needed network infrastructure to make an effective storage
network.

My company is looking to create efficient cost-effective on-site clusters
for our clients that would scale with their needs. Many of these clients do
not have the network infrastructure for an iSCSI or FC deployment, and the
cost to upgrade their networks would be hard for them to justify.

Thank you for your time,

Tim

RE: Feature request: SAS support

Posted by Tim Schultheiss <ts...@dynamicquest.com>.
Can we use external SAS units connected through HBA as shared storage?
This is something that works well in Xen 6.02, but is currently unsupported
in Cloudstack.

Posted by Edison Su <Ed...@citrix.com>.