Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Ingo Feulner <in...@feulner-tech.com> on 2008/08/23 23:56:56 UTC

maven-scr-plugin 1.0.7 still seems to have problems with parent projects?

Hi,

there still seems to be a problem with maven-scr-plugin, if the
project POM references a paren POM:
It works with 1.0.5, but does not work with 1.0.6, 1.0.7 and the
trunk... here's the debug output:
It tries to reference a manifest, but there's no in a POM project...

Any ideas? best regards, Ingo,

[DEBUG] Configuring mojo 'org.apache.felix:maven-scr-plugin:1.0.8-
SNAPSHOT:scr' -->
[DEBUG]   (f) finalName = serviceComponents.xml
[DEBUG]   (f) generateAccessors = true
[DEBUG]   (f) metaTypeName = metatype.xml
[DEBUG]   (f) outputDirectory = /Users/ifeulner/Dev/svn/trunk/src/oc-
card-services/target/scr-plugin-generated
[DEBUG]   (f) project = MavenProject: net.openconnector:oc-card-
services:1.0-SNAPSHOT @ /Users/ifeulner/Dev/svn/trunk/src/oc-card-
services/pom.xml
[DEBUG] -- end configuration --
[INFO] [scr:scr {execution: generate-scr-scrdescriptor}]
[DEBUG] Starting SCRDescriptorMojo....
[DEBUG] ..generating accessors: true
[DEBUG] Setting up QDox
[DEBUG] Adding source tree /Users/ifeulner/Dev/svn/trunk/src/oc-card-
services/src/main/java
[DEBUG] Checking artifact net.openconnector.build:provision:pom:1.0-
SNAPSHOT:provided
[DEBUG] Resolving artifact net.openconnector.build:provision:pom:1.0-
SNAPSHOT:provided
[DEBUG] Trying to get manifest from artifact
net.openconnector.build:provision:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT:provided
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Unable to get manifest from artifact
net.openconnector.build:provision:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT:provided

Embedded error: error in opening zip file
[INFO]
[DEBUG] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Unable to get
manifest from artifact net.openconnector.build:provision:pom:1.0-
SNAPSHOT:provided
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
583)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor
.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:499)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:478)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor
.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor
.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
	at
sun
.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:
39)
	at
sun
.reflect
.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:
25)
	at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:
430)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Unable to
get manifest from artifact net.openconnector.build:provision:pom:1.0-
SNAPSHOT:provided
	at
org
.apache
.felix
.scrplugin
.tags
.JavaClassDescriptorManager.<init>(JavaClassDescriptorManager.java:170)
	at
org
.apache
.felix.scrplugin.SCRDescriptorMojo.execute(SCRDescriptorMojo.java:106)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:451)
	at
org
.apache
.maven
.lifecycle
.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:
558)
	... 16 more
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:114)
	at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:133)
	at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:97)
	at
org
.apache
.felix
.scrplugin
.tags
.JavaClassDescriptorManager
.getManifest(JavaClassDescriptorManager.java:270)
	at
org
.apache
.felix
.scrplugin
.tags
.JavaClassDescriptorManager.<init>(JavaClassDescriptorManager.java:150)

Re: maven-scr-plugin 1.0.7 still seems to have problems with parent projects?

Posted by Ingo Feulner <in...@feulner-tech.com>.
Am 24.08.2008 um 13:07 schrieb Ingo Feulner:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> I've just tried it and this problem is fixed now, thanks for the
> quick fix!
> But there's now another problem with the new format of the
> serviceComponent.xml - it does not work anymore when running inside
> the felix container (it's working inside eclipse now ...). Output of
> maven-scr-plugin is:

Well, of course I wanted to write "equinox"...

- Ingo.

Re: maven-scr-plugin 1.0.7 still seems to have problems with parent projects?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Ingo Feulner wrote:
> Hi Carsten,
>
> when do you think there will be a new release of the plugin and the
> metatype implementation?
> Anything I can help here?

Hi Ingo,

we're planning to have a release by next week. Testing and reporting
problems (or even having no problems) is always a great help.

Thanks
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: maven-scr-plugin 1.0.7 still seems to have problems with parent projects?

Posted by Ingo Feulner <in...@feulner-tech.com>.
Hi Carsten,

when do you think there will be a new release of the plugin and the
metatype implementation?
Anything I can help here?

Best regards, Ingo.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ingo Feulner <in...@feulner-tech.com>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ingo Feulner <in...@feulner-tech.com>.
Hi Carsten,

I've just tried it and this problem is fixed now, thanks for the quick
fix!
But there's now another problem with the new format of the
serviceComponent.xml - it does not work anymore when running inside
the felix container (it's working inside eclipse now ...). Output of
maven-scr-plugin is:

=======================
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<components xmlns:scr="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/scr/v1.0.0">
     <scr:component enabled="true" immediate="true"
name="net.oc.cardservices.terminal.CardTerminalRegistry">
         <implementation
class="net.oc.cardservices.terminal.CardTerminalRegistry"/>
         <service servicefactory="false">
             <provide
interface="net.oc.cardservices.terminal.CardTerminalRegistry"/>
         </service>
         <property name="service.pid"
value="net.oc.cardservices.terminal.CardTerminalRegistry"/>
         <reference name="cardTerminalFactory"
interface="net.oc.cardservices.terminal.CardTerminalFactory"
cardinality="1..1" policy="static" bin
d="bindCardTerminalFactory" unbind="unbindCardTerminalFactory"/>
         <reference name="eventAdmin"
interface="org.osgi.service.event.EventAdmin" cardinality="1..1"
policy="static" bind="bindEventAdmin" unbind="unbindEv
entAdmin"/>
     </scr:component>
     <scr:component enabled="true" immediate="true"
name="net.oc.cardservices.terminal.pcsc.PCSCCardTerminalFactory">
         <implementation
class="net.oc.cardservices.terminal.pcsc.PCSCCardTerminalFactory"/>
         <service servicefactory="false">
             <provide
interface="net.oc.cardservices.terminal.CardTerminalFactory"/>
         </service>
         <property name="service.pid"
value="net.oc.cardservices.terminal.pcsc.PCSCCardTerminalFactory"/>
     </scr:component>
</components>

===============================

This results in an exception by the declarative services (1.0.4):
(it seems, that the felix implementation does not recognize the
implementation tag anymore... )

===============================

[Felix Shell TUI] INFO org.apache.felix.scr - ServiceEvent REGISTERED
[Felix Shell TUI] ERROR net.oc.oc-card-services - General problem with
descriptor entry 'OSGI-INF/serviceComponents.xml'
org.osgi.service.component.ComponentException: Component
net.oc.cardservices.terminal.CardTerminalRegistry validation failed:
Implementation class name missing
	at
org
.apache
.felix
.scr.impl.ComponentMetadata.validationFailure(ComponentMetadata.java:
352)
	at
org
.apache
.felix.scr.impl.ComponentMetadata.validate(ComponentMetadata.java:280)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.XmlHandler.endElement(XmlHandler.java:244)
	at
org
.apache
.felix.scr.impl.parser.KXml2SAXParser.parseXML(KXml2SAXParser.java:77)
	at
org
.apache
.felix
.scr
.impl
.BundleComponentActivator.initialize(BundleComponentActivator.java:154)
	at
org
.apache
.felix
.scr
.impl.BundleComponentActivator.<init>(BundleComponentActivator.java:110)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.loadComponents(Activator.java:
227)
	at
org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.loadAllComponents(Activator.java:
193)
	at org.apache.felix.scr.impl.Activator.start(Activator.java:102)
	at
org
.apache
.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAction.java:591)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix._startBundle(Felix.java:1610)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1544)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:371)
	at
org
.apache
.felix.shell.impl.StartCommandImpl.execute(StartCommandImpl.java:82)
	at org.apache.felix.shell.impl.Activator
$ShellServiceImpl.executeCommand(Activator.java:276)
	at org.apache.felix.shell.tui.Activator
$ShellTuiRunnable.run(Activator.java:167)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
[

Best regards, Ingo.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Hi Ingo,