Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joe Muller <jm...@ARCcorp.com> on 2016/08/25 22:04:37 UTC

[users@httpd] Strange behavior with Apache Reverse proxy

We have an Apache proxy front ended by an F5 load balancer.  In it we serve mixed content, including Weblogic content from an application server and straight flex content from another webserver.  The proxy is running HTTP and the HTTPS from the load balancer is terminated at the proxy level.  The reverse proxy entries look like this:

ProxyPass /static http://intgcontent-app.mydomain.com:7000/static
ProxyPassReverse /static http://intgcontent-app.mydomain.com:7000/static

When a user accesses the application URL as https://intgdmo.mydomain.com the application launches, but attempts to launch as HTTP instead of HTTPS and fails miserably.  We do not think it is a load balancer issue, as the same application running behind the same load balancer on different proxy server (Sun One 6.1) does not exhibit this behavior.  So far our network guys haven't found any load balancer settings on the F5 that could be causing this.

Could Apache be causing this ?  As I said, when we have this setup on Sun One using the reverse proxy module everything works fine.

An