Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Tarun Ramakrishna Elankath <ta...@webkadai.com> on 2003/03/02 20:29:01 UTC

Simple way to create a link inside a component.

Hi all,

How can I generate (in java), a link to a page along with a query
parameter ?

I have a need for a component to obtain in a programmatic way, the href
of a link to its containing page (along with some query parameters).
This component has _no use_ for a template. It extends AbstractComponent
instead of BaseComponent, and emits xml markup in the renderComponent()
method, using the IMarkupWrite parameter object.

I don't unfortunately see any easy way to do this. Creating a DirectLink
object in java is very-very tedious, I need to implement loads of
methods in many abstract classes.

All help appreciated,
Tarun

Re: Simple way to create a link inside a component.

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@intelligentworks.com>.
Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, in 2.4 one might suggest
calling getLink on the Page service rather than the Direct Service.

Geoff

Posted by Tarun Ramakrishna Elankath <ta...@webkadai.com>.
Oops I feel like a dud :-()WW