Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Glenn Macgregor <gm...@pocketkings.ie> on 2009/04/01 17:22:13 UTC

RE: servicemix-mail error

I now have apache-servicemix-4.0.0 using servicemix-mail, which does not quite work.

It throws an exception in the login phase.

I see it is the geronimo-javamail that is being used, can I substitute that for the sun javamail-API? I have tested access to my server using that and it works fine. Otherwise I will need to fix this issue and rebundle...which I have no idea how to do and have found no useful documentation on it either.

Any insight would be great.

 Thanks

 Glenn

Posted by Lars Heinemann <lh...@apache.org>.
Glenn,

I tried the servicemix-mail in an own project and it worked fine. I will
try to test it again
with imap and will give you some feedback.
As far as I know the geronimo-mail component or the specs do have / had
some problems. We once used
the sun java mail impl but that got replaced for the smx4. I would
suggest you try to track that error and
report it to the geronimo team maybe so it can be fixed. For me it looks
for some issue regarding the MS Exchange
mail server maybe.

Regards
Lars

Re: servicemix-mail error

Posted by Lars Heinemann <lh...@apache.org>.
Glenn,

just tested with Google Mail secure IMAP server and it works fine here
with the standard release of SMX4.
So for me it looks like you got problems with MS Exchange maybe. Could
you test with another mail server?

Regards
Lars