Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/02 16:32:33 UTC

Re: Migrate system VMs volumes to new storage

If you can afford using (Storage) Tags, then you can  do it that way also.

we have 3 different storages (had) and all 3 were having at some time
different TAGs - you edit existing System Offering for the CPVM, SSVM, VR
(and/or Compute and Data disk offerings)  i.e. //Service Offerings ->
System Offerings -> System Offering For Secondary Storage VM... and define
storage tag.
just make sure you put same tag on offering as you put on new storage, and
than go and destroy systemVMs - and they will be automatically recreated
after 1-2 minutes, but since tagging is present they will be created on the
proper storage.

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Migrate system VMs volumes to new storage

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Good, cheers

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Migrate system VMs volumes to new storage

Posted by Ugo Vasi <ug...@procne.it>.

--

*Ugo Vasi* / System Administrator
ugo.vasi@procne.it <ma...@procne.it>

*Procne S.r.l.*
+39 0432 486 523
via Cotonificio, 45
33010 Tavagnacco (UD)
www.procne.it <http://www.procne.it/>

Le informazioni contenute nella presente comunicazione ed i relativi
allegati possono essere riservate e sono, comunque, destinate
esclusivamente alle persone od alla Società sopraindicati. La
diffusione, distribuzione e/o copiatura del documento trasmesso da parte
di qualsiasi soggetto diverso dal destinatario è proibita sia ai sensi
dell'art. 616 c.p., che ai sensi del Decreto Legislativo n. 196/2003
"Codice in materia di protezione dei dati personali". Se avete ricevuto
questo messaggio per errore, vi preghiamo di distruggerlo e di informare
immediatamente Procne S.r.l. scrivendo all' indirizzo e-mail
info@procne.it <ma...@procne.it>.

Re: Migrate system VMs volumes to new storage

Posted by Ugo Vasi <ug...@procne.it>.
Hi Andrija,

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ugo,

though not preferred at all, feel free to start DB experiments :) since
this is very often required (well, in some cases) - this is not the rule,
buy often you have to make your hand dirty.

For you specific issue, here is output of my DB below

The important thing is obviously the TAGS column, just enter value which
you also added to Storage Tags and that is all (wait for 5min, go get some
coffee, not sure why, needs some time to be applied)

Also note the special column "unique_name" - if you have created multiple
offerings for i.e. SSVM (more CPU or more RAM, whatever...) then ACS needs
to know WHICH of the offering for SSVM to actually use when creating new
SSVM.
SO make sure that, in this specific example, you move the value "
Cloud.com-SecondaryStorage"
to correct ROW - only single ROW can exist with this specific value.

FOr LOCAL systemVMs, there is similar record, but I guess you are on shared
storage anyway

mysql> select id,domain_id,name,display_text,tags,unique_name,system_use
from disk_offering where name like "%system_offering%%" and name not like
"%local%";
+-----+-----------+------------------------------------------------------------+------------------------------------------------------------+------------+----------------------------+------------+
| id  | domain_id | name
   | display_text                                               | tags
 | unique_name                | system_use |
+-----+-----------+------------------------------------------------------------+------------------------------------------------------------+------------+----------------------------+------------+

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Migrate system VMs volumes to new storage

Posted by Ugo Vasi <ug...@procne.it>.
Hi Andrija,

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ugo,

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Migrate system VMs volumes to new storage

Posted by Ugo Vasi <ug...@procne.it>.
Hi Andrija,