Posted to dev@freemarker.apache.org by Daniel Dekany <dd...@apache.org> on 2018/01/18 15:59:45 UTC

Status file date issues

Can someone help with this? Especially, Jacopo, do you have the record
for some events here (see the "date" column of the tables):

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/freemarker.html

I have added some months ago a few dates, like "2015-10-07 (or
earlier)". That I guess will not be good enough on the
general@incubator list (and if we are lucky, for the Board). Also, I
have just filled "Add all active committers in the STATUS file" to
2015-07-06, based on the SVN commit log of freemarker.xml, while
"Check that all active committers have submitted a contributors
agreement" still says "2015-10-07 (or earlier)". Was that initial SVN
commit done after the contributor aggrements were checked done? Does
"STATUS file" refer to freemarker.xml at all?

Yeah, I know, very exciting... ;) but need to be done.

 Daniel Dekany

Re: Status file date issues

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the feedback! I say we will wait.

Monday, January 22, 2018, 7:46:23 AM, David E Jones wrote:

> My apologies, I'm way overloaded right now and will be for at least the
> next couple of days. If this can't wait a few more days I'd say just remove
> me from the mentor list, but I'll get to it by mid-week.
>
> -David
>

> On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 2:11 AM, Jacques Le Roux <
> jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:

>>> general@incubator list asking to be added to the IPMC.
>>>
>>> Jacopo
>>>
>>> David,
>>
>> You can easily remove yourself from IPMC after if you want, you just need
>> to send a request email :)
>>
>> Jacques

 Daniel Dekany

Re: Status file date issues

Posted by David E Jones <de...@dejc.com>.

Re: Status file date issues

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: Status file date issues

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: Status file date issues

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@apache.org>.
Thursday, January 18, 2018, 5:20:23 PM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 4:59 PM, Daniel Dekany <dd...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Can someone help with this? Especially, Jacopo, do you have the record
>> for some events here (see the "date" column of the tables):
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/freemarker.html
>>
>> I have added some months ago a few dates, like "2015-10-07 (or
>> earlier)". That I guess will not be good enough on the
>> general@incubator list (and if we are lucky, for the Board).
>

> I don't have the exact dates but I am confident that what you have entered
> will be fine: the status page is a useful document to get a quick overview
> of the status of the project but nothing more than this.

Um... OK. (Or, let that be the biggest problem.)

>> Also, I
>> have just filled "Add all active committers in the STATUS file" to
>> 2015-07-06, based on the SVN commit log of freemarker.xml, while
>> "Check that all active committers have submitted a contributors
>> agreement" still says "2015-10-07 (or earlier)". Was that initial SVN
>> commit done after the contributor aggrements were checked done?
>

> Yes, I think you are correct. Since then, all new committers have been
> invited only after receiving the ICLA so there is no need to update that
> date.

No, that means that "Check that all active committers have submitted a
contributors agreement" should be modified to "2015-07-06 (or
earlier)".

>> Does
>> "STATUS file" refer to freemarker.xml at all?
>>

> Yes, it is the document itself; we have just to make sure that the list in
> it is accurate; this is what we have listed in the status page:
>
> Mentors
> jacopoc Jacopo Cappellato
> jfclere Jean-Frederic Clere
> jonesde David E. Jones
> rgoers Ralph Goers
> wikier Sergio Fernández
>
> Committers
> ddekany Dániel Dékány
> edendramis Evangelia Dendramis
> jleroux Jacques Le Roux
> nanlei Nan Lei
> woonsan Woonsan Ko

It's not, as David E. Jones can't be a Mentor as far as he's not an
IPMC member. I don't want to generate problems here, but I have seen
some signs that tells me that some IPMC members will most certainly
express their concerns (and might build a case on it). So, David, can
you join the IPMC? I know, it's annoying and all, but rule are rules.

>> Yeah, I know, very exciting... ;) but need to be done.
>>

> Yeah... excited to be here :-) I think the document is good to go.
>
> Jacopo
>

>> --
>> Thanks,
>>  Daniel Dekany