Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Sumanta Gh <su...@tcs.com> on 2016/05/13 11:27:19 UTC

Storage benefits of ARRAY types

Hi,
Do we gain any disk utilization benefit while defining columns as an array?

- Sumanta
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: Storage benefits of ARRAY types

Posted by Sergey Soldatov <se...@gmail.com>.
HI Sumanta,
It's obvious. If it's fixed length, serialized values are stored one by
one. If data type has variable length, than a special separator is inserted
between values.

Thanks,
Sergey

Posted by Sumanta Gh <su...@tcs.com>.