Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2008/10/02 13:49:48 UTC

Maven Dev Meetup Next Thursday (Oct 9th)

Hi,

Next week Oleg, Shane and I are planning on doing some work on Maven,
to try and do some hacking and planning. It looks like Brian is going
to come now, Bruce Snyder and possibly Ralph are going to show up as
well. So Sonatype is going to organize a room and it looks like we'll
have room for ~ 34 people. So this is primarily for people in the Bay
Area as the meeting will be held in Mountain View so if you're
interested in learning, hacking, or helping with Maven then just keep
next Thursday in mind. I'll post directions and rough agenda later
today.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

believe nothing, no matter where you read it,
or who has said it,
not even if i have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason
and your own common sense.

  -- Buddha

Re: Maven Dev Meetup Next Thursday (Oct 9th)

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
Yes, we will be there. We have Maven training that Bruce and I will be
doing (to be announced shortly). We have also booked a room the night
of November 5th to talk about Maven related stuff and provide a venue
where we can talk for 4-5 hours. We also have some pretty big
announcements to make at ApacheCon.

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

Re: Maven Dev Meetup Next Thursday (Oct 9th)

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.

<ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Crap!  I was there (right in Mountain View) last week Thursday. <sigh>  Oh
> well.
>
> Christian.
>
> On 2-Oct-08, at 07:49 , Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Next week Oleg, Shane and I are planning on doing some work on Maven, to
>> try and do some hacking and planning. It looks like Brian is going to come
>> now, Bruce Snyder and possibly Ralph are going to show up as well. So
>> Sonatype is going to organize a room and it looks like we'll have room for ~
>> 34 people. So this is primarily for people in the Bay Area as the meeting
>> will be held in Mountain View so if you're interested in learning, hacking,
>> or helping with Maven then just keep next Thursday in mind. I'll post
>> directions and rough agenda later today.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> jason at sonatype dot com
>>
>> believe nothing, no matter where you read it,
>> or who has said it,
>> not even if i have said it,
>> unless it agrees with your own reason
>> and your own common sense.
>>
>> -- Buddha

jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

Re: Maven Dev Meetup Next Thursday (Oct 9th)

Posted by Christian Edward Gruber <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
I'll post tomorrow and blog about it.

On 5-Oct-08, at 11:13 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:

> Did you ever post the information? The "Maven Day at Intuit" on the
> wiki still has the info from last February.
>
> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Next week Oleg, Shane and I are planning on doing some work on
>> Maven, to try and do some hacking and planning. It looks like Brian
>> is going to come now, Bruce Snyder and possibly Ralph are going to
>> show up as well. So Sonatype is going to organize a room and it
>> looks like we'll have room for ~ 34 people. So this is primarily
>> for people in the Bay Area as the meeting will be held in Mountain
>> View so if you're interested in learning, hacking, or helping with
>> Maven then just keep next Thursday in mind. I'll post directions
>> and rough agenda later today.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> jason at sonatype dot com
>>
>> believe nothing, no matter where you read it,
>> or who has said it,
>> not even if i have said it,
>> unless it agrees with your own reason
>> and your own common sense.
>>
>> -- Buddha

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

First, the taking in of scattered particulars under one Idea,
so that everyone understands what is being talked about ... Second,
the separation of the Idea into parts, by dividing it at the joints,
as nature directs, not breaking any limb in half as a bad carver might.

   -- Plato, Phaedrus (Notes on the Synthesis of Form by C. Alexander)

Re: Maven Dev Meetup Next Thursday (Oct 9th)

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Please provide a write up for the rest of us (or a streaming video
feed, snapshots of whiteboards, whatever).

On 02/10/2008, at 9:49 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Next week Oleg, Shane and I are planning on doing some work on
> Maven, to try and do some hacking and planning. It looks like Brian
> is going to come now, Bruce Snyder and possibly Ralph are going to
> show up as well. So Sonatype is going to organize a room and it
> looks like we'll have room for ~ 34 people. So this is primarily for
> people in the Bay Area as the meeting will be held in Mountain View
> so if you're interested in learning, hacking, or helping with Maven
> then just keep next Thursday in mind. I'll post directions and rough
> agenda later today.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder,  Apache Maven
> jason at sonatype dot com
>
> believe nothing, no matter where you read it,
> or who has said it,
> not even if i have said it,
> unless it agrees with your own reason
> and your own common sense.