Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Mahender Sarangam <Ma...@outlook.com> on 2017/01/03 21:31:07 UTC

Re: Zero Bytes Files importance

Thanks Gopal. Yeah I'm using CloudBerry.  Storage is Azure.

Are you saying this 0000_0,1,2,3 are directories ?.

[cid:part1.C19351C7.1FC7FD04@outlook.com]

On 12/29/2016 11:18 AM, Gopal Vijayaraghavan wrote:

For any insert operation, there will be one Zero bytes file. I would like to know importance of this Zero bytes file.

They are directories.

I'm assuming you're using S3A + screenshots from something like Bucket explorer.

These directory entries will not be shown if you do something like "hadoop fs -ls s3a://…/"

I had a recent talk covering the specifics of S3 + Hive - https://www.slideshare.net/secret/3cfQbeo3cI6GpK/3

Cheers,
Gopal

Re: Zero Bytes Files importance

Posted by Mahender Sarangam <Ma...@outlook.com>.
Thanks Gopal for providing detail explanation.

Posted by Mahender Sarangam <Ma...@outlook.com>.

Posted by Gopal Vijayaraghavan <go...@apache.org>.