Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Lasse Knudsen <la...@t-online.de> on 2008/07/02 09:48:00 UTC

Why must the AXIS2C_HOME / client_home be set when using a client?

Hi,

I am new to Axis2/C and I am trying to write a small client to verify if
Axis2/C is fitting my needs. But what I am not understanding is why I
need to set the AXIS2C_HOME for the client_home in my client code?

My structure looks like:

client folder

  -- client.exe
  -- axiom.dll
  -- axis2_engine.dll
  -- etc. (all needed DLLs)

When I am also setting the AXIS2C_HOME pointing to the Axis2/C
repository then I have the DLLs twice on my harddrive drive. Isn't there
a way to use a client only with the needed DLLs next to the client.exe?
Why is the repository needed for the client? I don't want to install the
whole Axis2/C repository when I am only using a client.

Regards
Lasse

Re: Why must the AXIS2C_HOME / client_home be set when using a client?

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> AFAIK you don't need to specify the AXIS2C_HOME as an environment
> variable.

Correct.

All that is required is to provide the repo location. Using AXIS2C_HOME
is only one way of doing that.

Samisa...

> If you know where it is you can specify it when you create the client.
> Internally Axis2/C never use the AXISC_HOME environment variable.
>
> Axis2/C picks its configuration from this AXIS2C_HOME (I'm not
> referring to the env variable). It looks for the axis2.xml and modules
> folder in this location. So if you have modules like addressing,
> rampart you should put it under AXIS2C_HOME/modules folder. For the
> client side modules folder and axis2.xml are the only things that
> should be in the AXIS2C_HOME directory.
>
> Supun..
>

> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 12:48 PM, Lasse Knudsen
> <lasse.knudsen@t-online.de <ma...@t-online.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I am new to Axis2/C and I am trying to write a small client to
>     verify if Axis2/C is fitting my needs. But what I am not
>     understanding is why I need to set the AXIS2C_HOME for the
>     client_home in my client code?
>
>     My structure looks like:
>
>     client folder
>      -- client.exe
>      -- axiom.dll
>      -- axis2_engine.dll
>      -- etc. (all needed DLLs)
>
>     When I am also setting the AXIS2C_HOME pointing to the Axis2/C
>     repository then I have the DLLs twice on my harddrive drive. Isn't
>     there a way to use a client only with the needed DLLs next to the
>     client.exe? Why is the repository needed for the client? I don't
>     want to install the whole Axis2/C repository when I am only using
>     a client.
>
>     Regards
>     Lasse

Samisa Abeysinghe
Director, Engineering; WSO2 Inc.

Re: Why must the AXIS2C_HOME / client_home be set when using a client?

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,