Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/14 11:15:22 UTC

Draft for the september board report

Hi,

See below for a draft of the Jackrabbit board report that I plan to
submit later today.

Note that the Google Analytics issue is something I've been pursuing
on prc@ and legal-discuss@. Some questions have been raised about
whether the Analytics terms of service are appropriate for an Apache
project, how the service should be used, and who should have access to
the gathered data. Since we already use Google Analytics, I've been
somewhat active in trying to resolve those issues.

<report>
Apache Jackrabbit is a fully conforming implementation of the Content
Repository for Java Technology API (JCR, specified in JSR 170).

The Apache Jackrabbit project is in good shape. We have no board-level
issues at this time.

o Releases

  No releases were made since the last report.

o Legal

  We are using Google Analytics to track usage of our web site. We are trying
  to resolve the recent concerns about the appropriateness of the terms of
  service for an Apache open source project.

o Community

  No new committers or PMC members were added since the last report.

  There has been a drop in mailing list and commit activity in the past
  quarter and we've seen some cases of issues or questions being dropped.
  This is partly because of the summer vacations but also due to a number
  of core committers having been otherwise occupied. We'll keep an eye on
  the situation and hope for things to normalize soon enough.

  We will participate and present Apache Jackrabbit in the upcoming
  ApacheCon US.

o Development

  We keep working towards Jackrabbit 1.5 in near future and Jackrabbit 2.0
  (and the JSR 283 reference implementation) later on.

o Infrastructure

  No issues.
</report>

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Draft for the september board report

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Micah Whitacre <mk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a more definitive timeframe for when 1.5 will be released?
> Perhaps something more specific such as before the end of the year or
> a month the everyone is shooting for?

Not really. My original goal was to have the release out in Q2, but
that's way past already and we're still not much closer to finishing
the two major goals we set for the 1.5 release, namely JCR-1357 and
JCR-1455. If there's demand, it probably makes sense to drop these
goals from the release plan and just move forward with the stuff we
already have in trunk.

Posted by Micah Whitacre <mk...@gmail.com>.