Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Aureliano Buendia <bu...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/05 04:11:41 UTC

State of spark on scala 2.10

Hi,

I was going to give https://github.com/scala/pickling a try on spark to see
how it would compare with kryo. Unfortunately, it only works with scala
2.10.3.

- Is there a time line for spark to work with scala 2.10?

- Is the 2.10 branch as stable as 2.9?

- What's blocking spark to work with 2.10?

Re: State of spark on scala 2.10

Posted by Prashant Sharma <sc...@gmail.com>.
sbt assembly/assembly

or if you are devloping spark i.e. working on spark code base itself not
rolling a distribution.
sbt assemble-deps

also

there is a convenience script called make-distribution.sh

HTH

--
Prashant

Re: State of spark on scala 2.10

Posted by Aureliano Buendia <bu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aureliano Buendia <bu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aureliano Buendia <bu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tathagata Das <ta...@gmail.com>.
Thumbs up on your plans of trying pickling. I was at the Scala Days 2013
presentation of pickling and it was very cool. Would be fun to see how does
compile-time generation of serialization code perform against Kryo.

TD

Posted by Aaron Davidson <il...@gmail.com>.