Posted to regexp-user@jakarta.apache.org by T....@CEYONIQ.COM on 2001/10/31 10:42:40 UTC

AW: Wrong Regexp or Bug in implementation of negated character cl asse s?

Hi Roger,

>Toby,
>
>If I understand your JUnit tests, you want to have the first character NOT
>in the set 'a-zA-Z0-9?&'.  You have made this first character optionally
NOT
>in the set 'a-zA-Z0-9?&'. Try using "^[^a-zA-Z0-9?&]"  (no ?) as the RE. It
>then works for me!
>
>Roger

Argh! You are right! I reviewed my perl code, too, and corrected the regex
to "^[^a-zA-Z0-9?&]$".
That, is really what I want to see as result.
Sorry for my foolish mail. BTW, Thx for you smart and small tool. I guess we
will use this
even if JDK 1.4 offers RegEx, because your tool will run on any JDK version.
;-)

Thx for your work.

Bye

Toby