Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matt Williams <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2014/05/24 16:03:22 UTC

Namespace URL confusion

Hello,
I have been using struts 2.1.8 for a while and last night noticed an issue with mapping actions working with any url.

For instance in the struts.xml file:
- I have a package with a namespace of "/employee".
- Within the package, I have an action mapping "search"

- The webapp name is "TestWeb".

So to access this page, I can go to: http://localhost:8080/TestWeb/employee/search.action and this works.
However, if anything is added to the URL after the namespace such as: http://localhost:8080/TestWeb/employee/someExtraText/search.action the page still loads.

Why does this happen?

Reading the struts documentation (http://struts.apache.org/release/2.1.x/docs/namespace-configuration.html) would make me assume that it should search the "/employee/someExtraText" namespace...not find it, so then it should fall back to the default "" namespace...not find it...then display no action mapping found.

Any insight? Thanks!