Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Su...@aol.com on 2001/05/08 00:43:28 UTC

[Ant user] Using HTML for a project file?

I've done a little experimentation, but its a little aquard.

I want to create a sort of interface for ant in html. My initial test was to
use links, to run a script that would run ant in the project directory, but
in IE every time you click on it, it asks if you want to run the file or not,
and I have no idea if Netscape would do the same thing or not, but it is kind
of anoying having to answer yes everytime you want to build the file. So
obviously there is security issue with doing that, I also tried to just
having it point to directory where the scipts are located, and created
another frame that points to the source directory. I am not sure how usefull
it would be to be able to use HTML as an interface for a project, but it just
seems interested. Now I have not done a lot of HTML programming for a long
time and at the time I learned it javascript was rare so I didnt learn it
back then, now so I am unsure if there is much to be done, what extent an
HTML document can have as a project manager...

...But I am curious what others think, and their experience and knowledge of
HTML, in using it this way for managing ant projects, or in the very least,
using Ant as a form of cgi program, that would generate output so I can view
the log in HTML. I'm not sure if any of this will work out, but I find it
interesting.

Leyland Needham