Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Michael F. Lamb" <mi...@datagrok.org> on 2006/04/03 12:12:54 UTC

FYI: Batik rasterizer on Debian Etch

Hello,

I've just used batik, installed on my Debian Etch system
via 'apt-get libbatik-java', (debian package v. 1.6-2) to
convert an svg file to png.

To make it work, I had to go through a procedure dissimilar
from most of what I found for installation and usage
instructions on the web:

# Installed using make-jpkg package
JAVA=/usr/lib/j2sdk1.5-sun/bin/java

# Installed by the libbatik-java package
BATIK_JAR=/usr/share/java/batik.jar

# Installed automatically by the libxerces2-java package
XERCES_JAR=/usr/share/java/xercesImpl.jar

$JAVA -cp $BATIK_JAR:$XERCES_JAR \
  org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main \
  -scriptSecurityOff $filename

Most evident is that there seems to be no
batik-rasterizer.jar in the Debian Etch distribution.

Perhaps this is an issue for the debian package maintainer
instead. This was a one-off conversion for me, otherwise
I'd do more busywork. But I thought it would be prudent to
at least drop you a note, for your public documentation, so
that you can help other Debian users if they come asking
about it, or so you can point me at the documentation I may
have missed. ;)

Thanks for the great software!
-Mike

Re: FYI: Batik rasterizer on Debian Etch

Posted by Tonny Kohar <to...@kiyut.com>.
Hi,

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 03:12 -0700, Michael F. Lamb wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just used batik, installed on my Debian Etch system
> via 'apt-get libbatik-java', (debian package v. 1.6-2) to
> convert an svg file to png.

> Most evident is that there seems to be no
> batik-rasterizer.jar in the Debian Etch distribution.

I am not familiar with Debian, but if you are not afraid of file (jar)
size get bigger. It will be simpler if you build all-jar, so it package
all batik stuff in single jar file, so there will be no more package not
included in the classpath.

On the side note, all-jar only package batik stuff, it excludes external
lib eg: xerces, js, etc

Regards
Tonny Kohar
--