Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Sangameshwara Kudapali <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/28 06:36:06 UTC

Problem with webdav and mod_perl

hello,

    I am accessing an webdav folder from windows which is mapped to the apache server directory example usr/local/../webdav. When i accessing the webfolder, all the folders under the webdav folder in linux are getting displayed in the windows.

  I am trying to restrict these folder access. Now i am using fixup handler (because this handler is working for me )for this restriction of folders. For examples if there are 3 folders A,B and C i should be able to restrict the response to only A, B folders and C should not be displayed.

  Can you guys give me some idea , how should i do this ?

  If we can do this using Input/output filter plz let me know, if there is any snippet for this which would guide me to achive my objective is a great help for me.

  Thanks.

---------------------------------

Re: Problem with webdav and mod_perl

Posted by Sean Davis <sd...@mail.nih.gov>.
On Thursday 28 September 2006 00:36, Sangameshwara Kudapali wrote:
> hello,
>
>     I am accessing an webdav folder from windows which is mapped to the
> apache server directory example usr/local/../webdav. When i accessing the
> webfolder, all the folders under the webdav folder in linux are getting
> displayed in the windows.
>
>   I am trying to restrict these folder access. Now i am using fixup handler
> (because this handler is working for me )for this restriction of folders.
> For examples if there are 3 folders A,B and C i should be able to restrict
> the response to only A, B folders and C should not be displayed.
>
>   Can you guys give me some idea , how should i do this ?

I think you want to think about access control.  You can do your access
control via an auth handler in mod_perl if you like, but I don't think a
fixup handler will do what you want.

Sean