Posted to user@ode.apache.org by i....@gmx.de on 2009/10/22 11:29:05 UTC

Building ode/trunk: Eclipse-Problems

Hey,

I’m building ode/trunk. After installing buildr, ruby, rake I finally got the projects in to my Eclipse-workspace. The problem that I’m struggling with now is the amount of Errors that  I get from Eclipse after importing the ode-projects.
The M2_REPO variable ist set, like it is instructed here: http://ode.apache.org/eclipse-ide.html, but can you please tell me what exactly is meant by the instruction:

“... You will occasionally need to run "rake" build in order to regenerate XMLBeans schemas, OpenJPA mapping files, JACOB channel interfaces, etc...”

If I run rake in the trunk directory I get the “rake aborted”- failure (presumably because of the missing rakefile). Which steps are needed to resolve the Eclipse-Problems?   I found a patch in the issues ( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BUILDR-300 ),  but I’m not sure if it has a relation to my problem. If so, what do I have to do with this patch?

Thanks in advance
inna

Neu: GMX DSL bis 50.000 kBit/s und 200,- Euro Startguthaben!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02

AW: Building ode/trunk: Eclipse-Problems

Posted by Pascal Aho <P....@gmx.net>.
Hi,

I don't know which version of ODE you use. I use ODE 1.3.2

to build the trunk you have to use the command prompt if you use windows und go in the directory of the trunk

For example you have the trunk in c:/ODE directory go into the directory
with cd ode
after taht you have c:/ode>

and then enter the following
c:/ode> buildr _1.2.10_ package test=no and click enter this will build your project.

In oder to use it with eclipse you must after that execute the following command
c:/ode> buildr _1.2.10_ eclipse

I hope this will help you.

Pascal

-------- Original-Nachricht --------