Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Joe Zitnik <JZ...@hfcc.net> on 2007/06/29 17:28:51 UTC

Rulesemporium

Is it having troubles again?  I'm having problems reaching the site.

Re: Rulesemporium

Posted by Yet Another Ninja <sa...@alexb.ch>.
On 6/29/2007 5:38 PM, Jerry Durand wrote:

> On Jun 29, 2007, at 8:30 AM, -- [ UxBoD ] -- wrote:
>
>> Same here :(
>
> He announces a new, super dandy spam killing plugin and you think he
> wouldn't get a DoS attack?
>
> That's what happens when you do good work.  :(

nah... he DOS'd himself

will be back in a few

Re: Rulesemporium

Posted by Yet Another Ninja <sa...@alexb.ch>.

Re: Rulesemporium

Posted by Yet Another Ninja <sa...@alexb.ch>.
On 6/29/2007 5:53 PM, Nigel Frankcom wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:38:48 -0700, Jerry Durand
> <jd...@interstellar.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jun 29, 2007, at 8:30 AM, -- [ UxBoD ] -- wrote:
>>
>>> Same here :(
>> He announces a new, super dandy spam killing plugin and you think he
>> wouldn't get a DoS attack?
>>
>> That's what happens when you do good work.  :(
>>

> True - but there's more of us than there are of them. OK, we play
> catch-up, but the user base is worldwide and there are some very, very
> sharp people doing the hard work. I guess the best we can do is
> support them however we can... unless we want to be inundated with
> spam.

Y'all press those Paypal buttons - every cent goes to hardware.

Re: Rulesemporium

Posted by Nigel Frankcom <ni...@blue-canoe.net>.
<jd...@interstellar.com> wrote:

>On Jun 29, 2007, at 8:30 AM, -- [ UxBoD ] -- wrote:
>
>> Same here :(
>
>He announces a new, super dandy spam killing plugin and you think he
>wouldn't get a DoS attack?
>
>That's what happens when you do good work.  :(

True - but there's more of us than there are of them. OK, we play
catch-up, but the user base is worldwide and there are some very, very
sharp people doing the hard work. I guess the best we can do is
support them however we can... unless we want to be inundated with
spam. Ha! - my stats for year to date run at 82 ish% spam. Since
that's spam stopped I reckon SA isn't doing too badly at all -
admittedly not as much gets through to SA - a lot is stopped by
various 'toys' my MTA has but SA still accounts for a hell of a lot.

Even so - life without SA....?

McDonalds applications anyone? :-D

Kind regards

Nigel

Re: Rulesemporium

Posted by Jerry Durand <jd...@interstellar.com>.

Re: Rulesemporium

Posted by Lindsay Haisley <fm...@fmp.com>.
On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 16:36 +0100, Nigel Frankcom wrote:
> Is it worth adding mirrors for the rules? I'm more than happy to do so
> and can probably rope in a few others.
>
> I should imagine a fair few others on list would be prepared to act as
> mirrors too.

It's worth mentioning that, as someone pointed out to me yesterday,
there's a mirroring service for SARE rules at
http://saupdates.openprotect.com, along with instructions on
incorporating these into sa-update, thus avoiding problems with
rules_du_jour altogether.

--
Lindsay Haisley       |"Fighting against human |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |   creativity is like   |      available at

Re: Rulesemporium

Posted by Nigel Frankcom <ni...@blue-canoe.net>.
On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 16:30:25 +0100, --[ UxBoD ]-- <ux...@splatnix.net>
wrote:

>Same here :(
>
>On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:28:51 -0400, "Joe Zitnik" <JZ...@hfcc.net> wrote:
>> Is it having troubles again?  I'm having problems reaching the site.
>>
>> --
>> believed to be clean.
>--
>--[ UxBoD ]--
>// PGP Key: "curl -s https://www.splatnix.net/uxbod.asc | gpg --import"
>// Fingerprint: C759 8F52 1D17 B3C5 5854  36BD 1FB1 B02F 5DB5 687B
>// Keyserver: www.keyserver.net Key-ID: 0x5DB5687B
>// Phone: +44 845 869 2749 SIP Phone: uxbod@sip.splatnix.net

Is it worth adding mirrors for the rules? I'm more than happy to do so
and can probably rope in a few others.

I should imagine a fair few others on list would be prepared to act as
mirrors too.

Just a thought.

Kind regards

Nigel