Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Folkens, Brad" <bf...@downers.us> on 2004/05/21 16:27:08 UTC

OutOfMemory after reloads

Since turbine 2.1 I've noticed a recurring issue with a
java.lang.OutOfMemory situation after the turbine framework has been
reloaded several times.

Has anyone experienced this problem?  If so, has there been any insight?

Bradford A. Folkens
bfolkens@downers.us

RE: OutOfMemory after reloads

Posted by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com>.
Turbine runs so much better in Jetty, at least for me. This application is
still running on T2.2_01 code but no problems there.

I found Jetty to take less than a few minutes to setup and drop my Turbine
application into and start right up.

I wrote a jetty.sh script to help with starting and stopping which I have
posted here

	http://kiasoft.com/~painter/jetty.sh

This was the only thing that I really had to complain with Jetty, but it
only took a few minutes to migrate my catalina.sh script to work well for
jetty.

Item to note: jetty does not support class reloading, however I have
found that starting and stopping Jetty during development actually seems
to take less time than waiting for Tomcat to reload all my classes.

I just issue a jetty.sh stop/start and am ready to test again.

					Jeff Painter

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Jeff,

Posted by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com>.