Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2009/03/15 13:45:26 UTC

Re: Bringing the HttpCilent features up to parity with other libraries / langauges

On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 21:57 +0000, James Abley wrote:
> 2009/3/4 Tushar Kapila <tu...@gmail.com>:
> > Will be super to have gzip. I will be here to help with testing and some
> > docs, maybe unit test cases too. Am ok with app level code not really that
> > good with a library.

> Before I get too far into this, just wanted to confirm that I should
> base any changes on trunk and not on a branch? I expect to clone to
> git and make my changes accessible / let others see what's going on.
>
> Cheers,
>
> James

James,

How likely it is that you manage to find time and motivation to work on
these features? The reason I am asking is that otherwise we could
propose this as a project for the Google's Summer of Code 2009 program.

Oleg

Re: Bringing the HttpCilent features up to parity with other libraries / langauges

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
James Abley wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> I completed gzip and deflate yesterday. I'll create a ticket and submit a
> patch shortly.
>
> I haven't looked at the cache yet. If you want to suggest a SoC project for
> that, feel free.
>
> Cheers,
>
> James

Great! Content caching alone would probably be too small for a project.
I am looking forward to receiving the patch(es).

Cheers

Oleg