Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Jörn Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-duisburg.de> on 2006/06/13 16:17:06 UTC

usecase-as-document module

andreas@apache.org wrote:
> Author: andreas
> Date: Tue Jun 13 06:46:54 2006
> New Revision: 413894

> Log:
> Added usecase resource type module - this allows to execute usecases as documents.

that'a a neat feature. however, i tried creating a usecase page for the
admin.users usecase, and it displays only a blank page. i noticed this:

> --- lenya/trunk/src/modules/usecase/usecases/contactForm.jx (added)
> +++ lenya/trunk/src/modules/usecase/usecases/contactForm.jx Tue Jun 13 06:46:54 2006
> +<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
> +  xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0"
> +  xmlns:i18n="http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.1">
> +
> +  <body>
> +  </body>
> +</html>

as opposed to this:

> --- lenya/trunk/src/modules/usecase/usecases/createUsecaseDocument.jx (added)
> +++ lenya/trunk/src/modules/usecase/usecases/createUsecaseDocument.jx Tue Jun 13 06:46:54 2006
> +<page:page xmlns:jx="http://apache.org/cocoon/templates/jx/1.0"
> +  xmlns:page="http://apache.org/cocoon/lenya/cms-page/1.0"
> +  xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
> +  xmlns:i18n="http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.1" >
> +
> +  <page:title><i18n:text>New Usecase Document</i18n:text></page:title>
> +  <page:body>
> +  </page:body>
> +</page:page>

iiuc, that means that only usecases which produce a html page work
(which only your example usecase currently does afaik).

is that correct?

if so, how about making the <page:page> wrapper and friends the default
for all document types and changing the sitemaps accordingly? in
addition to making this module work for arbitrary usecases it would
enable modules to emit header tags in a clean way and not just a div#body.
--
"Open source takes the bullshit out of software."
	- Charles Ferguson on TechnologyReview.com

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier, EDV-Administrator
Institut für Politikwissenschaft

Re: usecase-as-document module

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> andreas@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: andreas
>> Date: Tue Jun 13 06:46:54 2006
>> New Revision: 413894

>> Log:
>> Added usecase resource type module - this allows to execute usecases
>> as documents.
>
> that'a a neat feature. however, i tried creating a usecase page for the
> admin.users usecase, and it displays only a blank page. i noticed this:

[...]

> iiuc, that means that only usecases which produce a html page work
> (which only your example usecase currently does afaik).
 >

> is that correct?

Absolutely :)

I didn't find a neat solution yet, so a usecase view can either support
the full-screen or the document mode.

> if so, how about making the <page:page> wrapper and friends the default
> for all document types and changing the sitemaps accordingly?

That would be an option.
Or maybe we need something entirely new? The <page:page> was specifically
designed for form-based, full-screen pages.

> in
> addition to making this module work for arbitrary usecases it would
> enable modules to emit header tags in a clean way and not just a div#body.

Sounds reasonable. What do the others think?

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann
andreas.hartmann@wyona.com                     andreas@apache.org