Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Thomas Kjeldahl Nilsson <tn...@marcello.no> on 2004/06/28 08:59:01 UTC

Some questions about continuations!

Hello,

A few (possibly stupid) questions on continuations:

1: Do active continuations "time out"? In my project we have quite a few
pages where we in the flow do a sendPageAndWait(), then present a page
where the user is able to go elsewhere thus not letting the current
continuation finish (by calling sendPage()).
What happens with this unactive continuation?

2: In my app, when the user does something wrong when submitting a form,
I want to restart the function, and present the first page with an error
msg in at the top of the page. How best to do this?

----
function doStuff(){

// Prepare page
cocoon.sendPageAndWait("first.xml");

// Process form submitted by user:

//IF (any errors) THEN restart doStuff(), show "first.xml" with errorMsg
// ELSE cocoon.sendPageAndWait("second.xml");

}
----

regards,
Thomas Kjeldahl Nilsson
Oslo, Norway

Re: Some questions about continuations!

Posted by Thomas Kjeldahl Nilsson <tn...@marcello.no>.
Thanks for the quick reply, Ugo.
Bit of a head-smacking-moment for me looking at your flowscript
suggestion! "Of course!" :)

Regards,
Thomas N

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.