Posted to dev@livy.apache.org by Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com> on 2018/10/08 23:19:11 UTC

GitHub emails on dev

Is there a reason we've begun getting GitHub PR emails on the dev list? The
regular glut of emails for every comment on every PR probably shouldn't be
CC'd to dev@

 Alex Bozarth
 Software Engineer
 Center for Open-Source Data & AI Technologies

 E-mail: ajbozart@us.ibm.com
 GitHub: github.com/ajbozarth
                                                                   505 Howard Street
                                                             San Francisco, CA 94105
                                                                       United States

Re: GitHub emails on dev

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
I will create the list in the morning and then we can ask infra to switch
the configured mailing list.

Sent from my Mobile device

Re: GitHub emails on dev

Posted by Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com>.

From:	Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>
To:	dev@livy.incubator.apache.org
Date:	10/08/2018 06:02 PM
Subject:	Re: GitHub emails on dev

You guys should create a list and have these forwarded to the new list.
Some projects use notifications@

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 17:46 Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I opened
 for INFRA to
> take a look into it.
>

> *Alex Bozarth*
> Software Engineer
> Center for Open-Source Data & AI Technologies
> ------------------------------
> *E-mail:* *ajbozart@us.ibm.com* <aj...@us.ibm.com>
> *GitHub: **github.com/ajbozarth* <
https://github.com/ajbozarth

> 505 Howard Street
> <
https://maps.google.com/?q=505+Howard+Street+San+Francisco,+CA+94105+United+States&entry=gmail&source=g

> San Francisco, CA 94105
> <
https://maps.google.com/?q=505+Howard+Street+San+Francisco,+CA+94105+United+States&entry=gmail&source=g

> United States
> <
https://maps.google.com/?q=505+Howard+Street+San+Francisco,+CA+94105+United+States&entry=gmail&source=g

> [image: Inactive hide details for Marcelo Vanzin ---10/08/2018 04:23:04
> PM---Maybe infra did something to re-enable it. We asked them t]Marcelo
> Vanzin ---10/08/2018 04:23:04 PM---Maybe infra did something to re-enable
> it. We asked them to disable it way back (INFRA-14973). Maybe
>
> From: Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com.INVALID>
> To: dev@livy.incubator.apache.org
> Date: 10/08/2018 04:23 PM
> Subject: Re: GitHub emails on dev
> ------------------------------
>

> Maybe infra did something to re-enable it. We asked them to disable it
> way back (INFRA-14973). Maybe reopen that ticket or file a new one.
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 4:19 PM Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> >

> > Is there a reason we've begun getting GitHub PR emails on the dev list?
> The
> > regular glut of emails for every comment on every PR probably shouldn't
> be
> > CC'd to dev@
> >

> >  Alex Bozarth
> >  Software Engineer
> >  Center for Open-Source Data & AI Technologies
> >

> >  E-mail: ajbozart@us.ibm.com
> >  GitHub: github.com/ajbozarth
> >                                                                    505
> Howard Street
> <
https://maps.google.com/?q=505+Howard+Street+San+Francisco,+CA+94105+United+States&entry=gmail&source=g

> >                                                              San
> Francisco, CA 94105
> <
https://maps.google.com/?q=505+Howard+Street+San+Francisco,+CA+94105+United+States&entry=gmail&source=g

United
> States
> <
https://maps.google.com/?q=505+Howard+Street+San+Francisco,+CA+94105+United+States&entry=gmail&source=g

> --
> Marcelo
>

> --
Sent from my Mobile device

Re: GitHub emails on dev

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Ok, so I checked and livy already have a reviews@ list, we just need
to make sure infra setup github notifications to that list, please
create a jira to handle that.

--
Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975

Re: GitHub emails on dev

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: GitHub emails on dev

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
You guys should create a list and have these forwarded to the new list.
Some projects use notifications@

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 17:46 Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-17121 for INFRA to
> take a look into it.
>

> *Alex Bozarth*
> Software Engineer
> Center for Open-Source Data & AI Technologies
> ------------------------------
> *E-mail:* *ajbozart@us.ibm.com* <aj...@us.ibm.com>
> *GitHub: **github.com/ajbozarth* <https://github.com/ajbozarth>
>

> 505 Howard Street
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=505+Howard+Street+San+Francisco,+CA+94105+United+States&entry=gmail&source=g>
> San Francisco, CA 94105
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=505+Howard+Street+San+Francisco,+CA+94105+United+States&entry=gmail&source=g>
> United States
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=505+Howard+Street+San+Francisco,+CA+94105+United+States&entry=gmail&source=g>
>

> [image: Inactive hide details for Marcelo Vanzin ---10/08/2018 04:23:04
> PM---Maybe infra did something to re-enable it. We asked them t]Marcelo
> Vanzin ---10/08/2018 04:23:04 PM---Maybe infra did something to re-enable
> it. We asked them to disable it way back (INFRA-14973). Maybe
>
> From: Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com.INVALID>
> To: dev@livy.incubator.apache.org
> Date: 10/08/2018 04:23 PM
> Subject: Re: GitHub emails on dev
> ------------------------------
>

> Maybe infra did something to re-enable it. We asked them to disable it
> way back (INFRA-14973). Maybe reopen that ticket or file a new one.
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 4:19 PM Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> >

> > Is there a reason we've begun getting GitHub PR emails on the dev list?
> The
> > regular glut of emails for every comment on every PR probably shouldn't
> be
> > CC'd to dev@
> >

> >  Alex Bozarth
> >  Software Engineer
> >  Center for Open-Source Data & AI Technologies
> >

> >  E-mail: ajbozart@us.ibm.com
> >  GitHub: github.com/ajbozarth
> >                                                                    505
> Howard Street
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=505+Howard+Street+San+Francisco,+CA+94105+United+States&entry=gmail&source=g>
> >                                                              San
> Francisco, CA 94105
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=505+Howard+Street+San+Francisco,+CA+94105+United+States&entry=gmail&source=g>
> >                                                                        United
> States
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=505+Howard+Street+San+Francisco,+CA+94105+United+States&entry=gmail&source=g>
> >

> --
> Marcelo
>

> --
Sent from my Mobile device

Re: GitHub emails on dev

Posted by Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com>.

From:	Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com.INVALID>
To:	dev@livy.incubator.apache.org
Date:	10/08/2018 04:23 PM
Subject:	Re: GitHub emails on dev

Maybe infra did something to re-enable it. We asked them to disable it
way back (INFRA-14973). Maybe reopen that ticket or file a new one.
On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 4:19 PM Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Is there a reason we've begun getting GitHub PR emails on the dev list?
The
> regular glut of emails for every comment on every PR probably shouldn't
be
> CC'd to dev@
>

>  Alex Bozarth
>  Software Engineer
>  Center for Open-Source Data & AI Technologies
>

>  E-mail: ajbozart@us.ibm.com
>  GitHub: github.com/ajbozarth
>                                                                    505
Howard Street