Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by kkersey <kk...@harmonia.com> on 2008/05/02 23:08:46 UTC

Basic Question

Hi I am Jackrabbit newbie as this question will prove. Can Jackrabbit be run
on a local machine without using  Tomcat (or any other web server for that
matter)? If so could someone explain to me how to do this or point me to
some good documentation?

I would appreciate it immensely.

Re: Basic Question

Posted by kkersey <kk...@harmonia.com>.
I did finally get it to work after getting additional jar files and  newer
versions of others from what the online documentation says is required. To
answer your question... there was an exception being thrown as soon as the
TransientRepository constructor was being called:

org/apache/log4j/LogManager
	at org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory.getLogger(Log4jLoggerFactory.java:73)
	at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.getLogger(LoggerFactory.java:92)
	at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.TransientRepository.<clinit>(TransientRepository.java:55)
	at jackrabbittests.FirstHop.main(FirstHop.java:20)

RE: Basic Question

Posted by kkersey <kk...@harmonia.com>.