Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by sc...@autodesk.com on 2000/11/01 19:18:18 UTC

Cocoon 1.8 installation with Weblogic 5.1 problem

I followed the instructions to install cocoon 1.8 with Weblogic 5.1. When I start the Weblogic server, I got the following error:

[ExternalEntity] : Could not resolve entity '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN'.  Check your dtd reference.

If I change "DTD Web Application 2.2//EN" in cocoonwar\web-inf\web.xml to "DTD Web Application 1.2//EN"

I passed the above error, but get the followning warning in Weblogic startup:

[HttpServer] : Directory d:\weblogic\cocoonwar\ does not contain WEB-INF/weblogic.xml.  If this Web application relies on the WebLogic specific XML descriptor, this may result in misconfigured application.

When i ran http://localhost:7001/cocoon/index.xml, Cocoon Live show does not work at all.

Any helps?

Scott

RE: Cocoon 1.8 installation with Weblogic 5.1 problem

Posted by Jamie Mascherino <jm...@learnframe.com>.
<SNIP>
I followed the instructions to install cocoon 1.8 with Weblogic 5.1. When I
start the Weblogic server, I got the following error:
[ExternalEntity] : Could not resolve entity '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD
Web Application 2.2//EN'.  Check your dtd reference.
</SNIP>

The installation guide on the Cocoon site is very informative.  However, it
does not tell you to add the turbine-pool.jar file to your classpath. I
couldn't get Cocoon to run with out it.  I don't think that is your error,
but in case you haven't figured that out there it is.  It's in the
//installdir/lib/ directory.

We use Weblogic 5.1 at my company. I have command files that we have
modified with the pertinent Cocoon jars to set up the correct WebLogic
environment. My web.xml document is included below.  I had the same problem
you do. Unfortunately, I can't remember which fix belonged to that error.
The folder cocoonwar is not part of my param-value attribute.  Let me know
if removing its reference doesn't help.

Cheers!

Jamie L. Mascherino
Software Developer
Learnframe, Inc.
Salt Lake City, Utah 84123
jmascherino@learnframe.com

<!--
     This is the web-app configurations that allow Cocoon to work under
     Apache Tomcat. Please, follow the installation section of the
     documentation for more information about installing Cocoon on Tomcat
-->

<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.2.dtd">

<web-app>
 <servlet>
  <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-class>
  <init-param>
   <param-name>properties</param-name>
   <param-value>/WEB-INF/cocoon.properties</param-value>
  </init-param>
 </servlet>

 <servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>*.xrl</url-pattern>
 </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>