Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Raber Chris <cp...@yahoo.com> on 2001/07/17 23:33:26 UTC

Problems running as an NT Service

I have a servlet that works fine when running TomCat
from a command line.

When I attempt to run the servlet as a service, my
servlet can not open files for read access that it
could open when running under TomCat from the command
line...

I have read the archives for similar issues, and have
tried to set up my service Run As user to have access
to the files. I must be missing something or am
completely brain dead.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

-Chris.

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: Problems running as an NT Service

Posted by Raber Chris <cp...@yahoo.com>.
All,

Thanks for the suggestions. I found my problem. Here
is a short synopsis in case anyone else runs into
this.

Assuming the problem was security related, I moved my
servlet into it's own context and added rules to
tomcat.policy for the permissions I needed. I checked
the SecurityManager.checkRead(String fileName) and I
had the needed access...

It turned out that in the process of configuring
wrapper.properties I changed the order of the jars in
my classpath. I am using Xalan 2 and ended up with the
wrong parser being instantiated.

Re-order the classpath and everything is ok!

Thanks for the suggestions.

-Chris.

Posted by Daniel Einspanjer <da...@yipyip.com>.
Just one quick idea..