Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Akshay Wani <ak...@datametica.com> on 2022/02/01 06:57:09 UTC

Unable to connect to keberized hive using beeline

Hello,

I'm trying to connect to keberized hive (CDH and HDP) from my local machine
with standalone setup of Apache hive, but it is giving kerberos error :
'ERROR transport.TSaslTransport: SASL negotiation failure
javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed'.

Kerberos client setup is done successfully and I'm able to do kinit also
using my machine but when I'm trying to connect to hive it is giving the
error.

Can you please help me in this regard?

Thanks,
Akshay

Re: Unable to connect to keberized hive using beeline

Posted by Akshay Wani <ak...@datametica.com>.
Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm able to connect a non kerberized hive (HDP) using the same beeline but
facing issues for the kerberized one.

Thanks,
Akshay

Posted by Alessandro Solimando <al...@gmail.com>.