Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org> on 2009/08/02 21:50:37 UTC

Re: Breaking changes to the schema

> If I made breaking changes to the schema that ESME uses, how many of you
> will need a migration script from old to new?

Merging the pools branch involved breaking DB changes as well and
AFAIK there were no complaints to Dick when he asked about nuking the
DB.

The most valuable information to keep is messages, and they are
volatile info anyway- they're gone from the timeline when there are 40
newer messages. I suspect that nobody will mind, especially if the
tradeoff is a particularly compelling new feature... which we are now
only guessing :)

Vassil

Re: Breaking changes to the schema

Posted by David Pollak <fe...@gmail.com>.
I'll work on it tomorrow and check stuff in tomorrow afternoon PST.

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
@David: Change away. No need for a migration script in my opinion.

I'll just delete the DB on stax and recreate it. That is no problem.
Much more impt are the diff authentication types.

Posted by David Pollak <fe...@gmail.com>.