Posted to user@struts.apache.org by wskent <ke...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/28 16:26:47 UTC

Object reference changed by framework, not my code?

I am using Struts 2.0.11, Sitemesh 2.3, Displaytag 1.1.1, and Spring 2.5.
Here is the problem. I have 6 levels of drill down on a ProductContainer
object. I am currently keeping these ProductContainer drill down objects in
the session as the user drills down into the product detail. Storing and
retreival of these objects from the session is working as expected. The
problem occurs when I use Spring dependency injection to load my current
ProductContainer instance (I am working on drill down level 2), the instance
of the ProductContainer object for level 1 (defined on the Struts 2 action
without getters and setters) is also getting replaced during execution of
the spring dependency injection statement. I have put a log4j statement
immediately before and after (as well as watching with debug) the spring
dependency injection statement to verify this behavior. Any ideas on what is
up here?