Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by David Duhme <dd...@karmann.com> on 2005/10/12 14:54:18 UTC

Getting started with LDAPEntryManager -Virus checked-

Hi,

again my topic is getting ldap updates and adds working...

I tried loading the LDAPEntryManager from Jeremy Quinn in my FlowScript.

I configured the LDAPEntryManager as described in the API, in cocoon.xconf

<component role="org.apache.cocoon.component.EntryManager"
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.naming.LDAPEntryManager"
logger="flow.ldap">
                   <parameter name="ldap-host" value="hostname:port"/>
                   <parameter name="ldap-base" value="dc=example,dc=com"/>
                   <parameter name="ldap-user" value="username"/>
                   <parameter name="ldap-pass" value="password"/>
  </component>

Then I do

var em =
cocoon.getComponent(org.apache.cocoon.components.naming.LDAPEntryManager.ROLE);

in the FlowScript.

But all I get is an error message

org.apache.avalon.framework.service.ServiceException: Unable to lookup
component: org.apache.cocoon.components.naming.EntryManager
(Key='ComponentManagerWrapper')

I get no error with

var em = new
Packages.org.apache.cocoon.components.naming.LDAPEntryManager;

I'm not really sure what's the difference is but I think the component
isn't configured correctly if
I just call the constructor.

Please correct me if I'm wrong with that.

So all I need to know is how to load the component LDAPEntryManager from
FlowScript.
Maybe it's just a stupid beginner issue... I don't know.

Regards,

David Duhme

Wilhelm Karmann GmbH
- Kommunikationsprozesse -
Karmannstrasse 1
49084 Osnabrueck
Telefon: +49 541 581 7280
Telefax:
E-Mail: mailto:dduhme@karmann.com
http://www.karmann.com

[Solved] Getting started with LDAPEntryManager -Virus checked-

Posted by David Duhme <dd...@karmann.com>.
I think I found the problem why the LDAPEntryManager wasn't initialized
correctly.

I changed the role attribute in cocoon.xconf from

"org.apache.cocoon.component.EntryManager"

"org.apache.cocoon.components.naming.EntryManager"

and the error message when requesting the FlowScript disappeared.

Perhaps somebody should adjust this in the API ...