Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by TO...@aol.com on 2001/09/06 00:47:39 UTC

Covalent Apache Web Server

> In a message dated 01-09-05 16:14:01 EDT, Kevin Kiley wrote...
>
>  > This is news to me, and certainly no permission has been
>  >  given to either Compaq nor Covalent to call anything a
>  >  'Compaq Apache server.'  I am on the ASF board and I
>  >  can tell you this has not come before us.
>
>  Actually... it's called the 'Covalent Apache Web Server'.
>  There isn't anything in your board meeting minutes that
>  authorizes that, either.
>
>  Not complaining... just pointing out a fact.
>  I am with Peter on this. More power to them.
>
>  Randy Terbrush hasn't appeared here for awhile but there
>  is no question he should benefit financially from his early
>  work with Apache. Ryan and Dirk and Harrie and Doug and
>  Daniel and Jon and Bill Wrowe ( others?... Apache contibutors
>  all ) deserve the same. I hope they all get to buy their own
>  private island following the recent Compaq deal the timing of
>  which was perfect since the valuation of the jsut announced
>  Compaq and Hewlett-Packet merger is in the neighborhood
>  of 25 BILLION ( With a B ) dollars.
>
>  Again... more power to all.
>  Randy and William Rowe alone have busted their ASSES
>  trying to give you 2.0. I hope they both get private jets
>  out of the deal.
>
>  Later...
>  Kevin Kiley

Errata...

Sorry about that... what I meant to say was...

>  Ryan Bloom and William Rowe alone have busted their ASSES
>  trying to give you 2.0. I hope they both get private jets
>  out of the deal.

I am sure Randy Terbrush ( founder and CTO of Covalent ) has
worked JUST as hard as anyone else to make Covalent what
it is today and secure the Compaq deal and to forward the
progress of Apache 2.0 but I specifically meant
to mention 'Ryan and William'.

Yours...
Kevin