Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/14 22:37:21 UTC

which wiki

Hi, folks.

Any preferences on which ASF wiki we should use?

choice a: http://wiki.apache.org/general/
choice b: https://cwiki.apache.org/CWIKI/

-A

Re: which wiki

Posted by Diwaker Gupta <di...@maginatics.com>.
FWIW, using a Confluence based wiki (choice b) does have advantages in
terms of better integration with JIRA.

Diwaker

--
http://maginatics.com

Re: which wiki

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.
Good. seems we have some measured opinions!

Alright, here's a roundup.

Choice A: http://wiki.apache.org/general/ (MoinMoin)

Choice B: https://cwiki.apache.org/CWIKI/ (Confluence)

related discussions:
http://markmail.org/message/l2h3hgiucnn457rr
http://markmail.org/thread/jg5xrgdv45hihnz5

Tacitly, it feels opinions are stronger towards Choice A, as that's the
only one that's had an explicit +1.

Do we want to vote as a formality?  Personally, I'm still +0 as
particularly I don't care about Jira integration and just want *any wiki* :)

-A

Re: which wiki

Posted by Matt Stephenson <ma...@mattstep.net>.
+1 to not-confluence.

Re: which wiki

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.
As I continually get questions about documentation, I put together an
interim gist until we have our wiki setup:
https://gist.github.com/adriancole/5592785

Below is a snapshot of above.  As soon as we've decided and created the
wiki, I'll move it there, so that others can fix it until we agree it is
the right content.  I'll also help formalize whichever parts are needed for
documentation.  In the mean time, feel free to make comments and I'll
update the gist as I can.

Cheers,
-A

How to get started in jclouds: the straw-man

1. send an email to subscribe to all lists out of the following:

  - jclouds-user-subscribe@apache.org

  - jclouds-dev-subscribe@apache.org

  - jclouds-issues-subscribe@apache.org

  - jclouds-commits-subscribe@apache.org

2. fork the jclouds org repos of interest (these are mirrors of
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-REPO)

  - https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds

  - https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-chef

  - https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-karaf

  - https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli

  - https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs

  - https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-aws

  - https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-google

  - https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs-openstack

3. note that issues are logged in jiras and referenced in your pull
requests against ^^

  - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS

  - if you need to be assigned to an issue, ask
dev@jclouds.incubator.apache.org to be added as a contributor

    -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/project-config/JCLOUDS/roles

  - pull requests are checked by buildhive

    - access is granted to collaborators in the org
https://github.com/jclouds

    - jobs are setup to execute maven goals: clean verify -e

    - jobs notify dev@jclouds.incubator.apache.org

    - repositories are noted here:
https://buildhive.cloudbees.com/view/My%20Repositories/job/jclouds/

  - When a pull request has finished review, a committer can merge it by
the following process.

    1. git clone
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-jclouds.git

    2. cd incubator-jclouds

    3. git pull https://github.com/USERNAME/jclouds.git BRANCH_FROM_PR

    4. mvn clean install

    5. git push origin master

    - if it needs to go into a feature branch like 1.6.x

       1. git log (note the commit ids you need to put into 1.6.x)

       2. git checkout -t -b 1.6.x origin/1.6.x

       3. git cherry-pick COMMIT1 COMMIT2

       4. git push origin 1.6.x

4. snapshots are published to
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/ by cloudbees:
https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com

  - cloudbees access can be granted by sending an email to
dev@jclouds.incubator.apache.org

  - branches 1.5.x 1.6.x and 1.7.x are deployed, including source and
javadoc jars

  - maven configuration is typically: -U clean deploy -e -Pdoc -Psrc

  - failures notify dev@jclouds.incubator.apache.org

Re: which wiki

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.

Re: which wiki