Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by mick ward <n9...@geocities.com> on 1999/10/03 04:29:05 UTC

general/5095: can't stop apache- no shortcut installed. won't install as service

>Number:         5095
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       can't stop apache- no shortcut installed. won't install as service
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
have installed 1.3.9 win 32. can't install as service using start menu shortcut.
can start using start apache, however the stop apache shorcut is not installed.

have found shorcut proerties for " start apache": as
"E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\Apache.exe"  -d "E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache" -s

if possible could you give me the relevant info to make a "stop apache" shortcut.
or any ways of determining why it won't install as service.
>How-To-Repeat:
only using your server for local development work i'm afraid!!

[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]