Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rémy <re...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/08 15:29:51 UTC

Maven 3 & Sufire 2.6 errors

I build a multi-modules project. I've got errors in tests. Errors, not
failures.

In Maven 2, although the tests are in error, the build goes ahead and I can
deploy the webapps.
In Maven 3, the build stop.

Is there a parameter (not -Dmaven.skip.test=true) allowing the build to go
to completion ?

Thanks.

Rémy

Re: Maven 3 & Sufire 2.6 errors

Posted by Rémy <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
With surefire 2.7-SNAPSHOT it works fine !!!
Thanks.
Rémy

Re: Maven 3 & Sufire 2.6 errors

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 9 December 2010 15:35, Kristian Rosenvold
<kr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Martin,
>
> Is there an issue for this problem ?

afaik only http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-655 which no-one was
able to reproduce

> surefire 2.7 is about this --> <--
> close and if there is an issue I can look at it.
>
> Kristian
>

> to., 09.12.2010 kl. 09.09 -0500, skrev Martin Gainty:
> > Bonjour Remy
> >
> > i reverted all my builds to use surefire 2.4.2
> > the introduction of Juice IOC injector code for 2.5 and 2.6 caused grief
> > i dont know if there is a workaround for errors thrown in 2.5 or 2.6
> artifacts...i would suggest reverting to 2.4.2
> >
> > Bon Chance,
> > Martin
> > Note de déni et de confidentialité
> >  Ce message est confidentiel et peut être privilégié. Si vous n'êtes pas
> le destinataire prévu, nous te demandons avec bonté que pour satisfaire
> informez l'expéditeur. N'importe quelle diffusion non autorisée ou la copie
> de ceci est interdite. Ce message sert à l'information seulement et n'aura
> pas n'importe quel effet légalement obligatoire. Étant donné que les email
> peuvent facilement être sujets à la manipulation, nous ne pouvons accepter
> aucune responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.
> >

> > > Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 03:10:38 -0800
> > > From: remy.temporaire@gmail.com
> > > To: users@maven.apache.org
> > > Subject: Re: Maven 3 & Sufire 2.6 errors
> > >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > It doesn't work, and there is no option testErrorIgnore... I'm
> surprised not
> > > to have the same behavior with Maven 2 and Maven 3.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Rémy
> > > --

Cheers, Stuart

RE: Maven 3 & Sufire 2.6 errors

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.
Martin,

Is there an issue for this problem ? surefire 2.7 is about this --> <--

RE: Maven 3 & Sufire 2.6 errors

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Bonjour Remy

Re: Maven 3 & Sufire 2.6 errors

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 9 December 2010 11:10, Rémy <re...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It doesn't work, and there is no option testErrorIgnore... I'm surprised
> not
> to have the same behavior with Maven 2 and Maven 3.

FYI... just tried this locally with Maven3 and Surefire 2.5 (and 2.6) and:

   -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore

on the command does ignore test errors, and I can get the same using:

   <testFailureIgnore>true</testFailureIgnore>

in the Surefire plugin configuration in the Maven POM

unfortunately this doesn't explain why you get different results :/

to do that you'd need to capture the output of "mvn clean test
-X" which you
could then attach to an issue on http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE

Thanks.

> Rémy

Cheers, Stuart

Re: Maven 3 & Sufire 2.6 errors

Re: Maven 3 & Sufire 2.6 errors

Posted by Jochen Stiepel <j....@gmail.com>.
Hi Rémy,

> Is there a parameter (not -Dmaven.skip.test=true) allowing the build to go
> to completion ?

I maybe this can help you?

testFailureIgnore - True

Set this to true to ignore a failure during testing. Its use is NOT
RECOMMENDED, but quite convenient on occasion.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/test-mojo.html#testFailureIgnore

Kind regards,
Jochen