Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by za...@me.com on 2017/03/06 18:14:57 UTC

unsupported logical parquet type date (primitive type is int32)

Hello folks!

I’m trying to create a parquet external table in impala from parquet data generated by spark sql.
So i’ve faced the following error:
       unsupported logical parquet type date (primitive type is int32)

Please help to solve this issue without explicit date to string conversion.

Thanks in advance!

Dmitry

Re: unsupported logical parquet type date (primitive type is int32)

Posted by Alex Behm <al...@cloudera.com>.
Impala does not support the DATE data type. Is that what you are trying to
read?
For schema questions like this, it would help us a lot to paste the Parquet
file schema and the Impala table schema, thanks!

Alex

Posted by Alex Behm <al...@cloudera.com>.