Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by "George T. Joseph" <gt...@peakin.com> on 2000/01/22 18:09:53 UTC

Is there a problem with CVS?

I've been trying to do an update on xml-xerces since last night but get:

CVS.EXE checkout: in directory xml-xerces:
CVS.EXE checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory
CVS.EXE [checkout aborted]: cannot write <CVS/Template file>: No such file or di
rectory

or when trying to browse from the web:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to
complete your request. Please contact the server administrator,
brian@locus.apache.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and
anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Apache/1.3.9 Server at xml.apache.org Port 80

george

Re: Is there a problem with CVS?

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> > Internal Server Error
> > The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to
> > complete your request. Please contact the server administrator,
> > brian@locus.apache.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and
> > anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
>
> This is because Pierpaolo for whatever reason made all files under that
> directory chmod a-x.  Bad Pier!   =)

I'm so sorry.... It's because yesterday I tried to update the website,
and the XERCES-Perl + XALAN people are using the WRONG UMASK when doing
the CVS update (I already told them that UMASK is 002, not 022), and I
had to go down and change it, but it seems I screwed the whole thing....

BTW, I NEED the Xerces-PERL documentation in XML ASAP... Why aren't they
on the CVS? how am I supposed to regenerate the website without sources?

	Pier
<ma...@betaversion.org>    <http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/>

Re: Is there a problem with CVS?

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, George T. Joseph wrote:
> I've been trying to do an update on xml-xerces since last night but get:
>
> CVS.EXE checkout: in directory xml-xerces:
> CVS.EXE checkout: cannot open CVS/Entries for reading: No such file or directory
> CVS.EXE [checkout aborted]: cannot write <CVS/Template file>: No such file or di
> rectory

Ths really does look like a local problem - I'm able to check out the
xerces codebase remotely just fine.  Look in your local xml-xerces/CVS
directory.

> or when trying to browse from the web:
>
> Internal Server Error
> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to
> complete your request. Please contact the server administrator,
> brian@locus.apache.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and
> anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

This is because Pierpaolo for whatever reason made all files under that
directory chmod a-x.  Bad Pier!   =)

	Brian