Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Alexander Lohse <al...@humantouch.de> on 2007/11/15 11:31:33 UTC

font problem ugrading from 0.93 to 0.94

Hi,

I am having trouble upgrading from 0.93 to 0.94.

Is there any significant change regarding font handling in 0.94?

I get a  java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot load font. No font URIs
available.

I use a handrolled URIResolver, which shows no problems reading the
fonts from the config-xml, and nicely delivers StreamSource from
InputStream from JAR.

Is there a way to display a more verbose error message, maybe
containing a font name, which URI is missing?

 From my config-xml:

[SNIPPET]

<fop version="1.0">

     <base>./</base>

     <source-resolution>72</source-resolution>
     <target-resolution>72</target-resolution>
     <renderers>

         <renderer mime="application/pdf">
           <fonts>

		<!-- Bauhaus -->
kerning="yes" embed-url="file:font/bauhaus/ITCBAUHH.PFB">
weight="900" /><!-- Heavy -->

[/SNIPPET]

Thank you in advance,

Alex

Alexander Lohse • Entwicklungsleitung & Projektmanagement
Tel +49 38374 752 11 • Fax +49 38374 752 23
http://www.humantouch.de

Human Touch Medienproduktion GmbH
Am See 1 • 17440 Klein Jasedow • Deutschland

Geschäftsführung:
Lara Mallien, Nele Hybsier, Alexander Lohse, Johannes Heimrath (Senior)
Handelsregister Stralsund • HRB 4192 • USt-IdNr. DE128367684

Re: font problem ugrading from 0.93 to 0.94

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Alexander Lohse wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble upgrading from 0.93 to 0.94.
>
> Is there any significant change regarding font handling in 0.94?

Yes, Font autodetection was added which saw some major changes in the
way Font Configuration works. There was also a change around the
handling or URIs. See [1] for a full list of changes.

> I get a  java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot load font. No font URIs
> available.

The font-base looks wrong to me. If you change it to an absolute path
does the problem go away?

> I use a handrolled URIResolver, which shows no problems reading the
> fonts from the config-xml, and nicely delivers StreamSource from
> InputStream from JAR.
>
> Is there a way to display a more verbose error message, maybe
> containing a font name, which URI is missing?

Not sure. perhaps someone else will know.

Chris

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/changes.html#version_0.94

Re: font problem ugrading from 0.93 to 0.94

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Please try again with the latest FOP Trunk. I suspect your problem is
fixed with my latest change, too.

Jeremias Maerki